* 20.11.23 - search paused whilst we interview current applicants - thank you for your interest *
We are a friendly, professional couple looking for full-time (50 hours) live-out nanny in Harpenden (Hertfordshire) to start in January/February 2024 to care for our happy, healthy and gorgeous baby boy, who will then be 8 months old. He is a super smiley, chilled-out baby who loves singing and bath time, gives great cuddles and works hard to master each new skill he learns (most recently rolling over!). We both work full-time but on occasion work from home in separate offices. The role will be sole charge, but there may be short periods during some days when we would wish to spend time with our son. However we are fully supportive of our nanny taking the lead during such occasions.
We seek a kind, considerate, trustworthy and child-focused nanny. We would like a nanny with good understanding of a child’s early development who is creative and will be dedicated to providing a happy and educational atmosphere for our son, including taking him to suitable local activities. We seek someone who is proactive and well-organised and will communicate and liaise well with us. We would like our nanny to undertake usual nanny duties, including meal preparation, keeping our son’s room/toys tidy, and doing some of his laundry, but we employ a separate cleaner for household cleaning. We seek a nanny on a long-term basis who will be part of our family and grow with our son and perhaps in future care for a sibling as well.
Our nanny needs to be extremely reliable and in a position to offer some extra help when our work requires this e.g. delays to public transport or if meetings run longer than anticipated. Whilst mindful of the long days, occasional evening/weekend babysitting would be appreciated, if available, which would be paid in addition to normal hours. There may be some occasions when we are able to offer shorter days when work permits.
Further job details:
• Start date: late January/early February 2024, with some mutually convenient introductory and settling sessions beforehand.
• Hours: 50 hours per week - Monday to Friday, approximately 8am to 6pm, with some flexibility appreciated as noted above.
• Holidays: 30 days per year (which includes bank holidays).
• Minimum experience required: 5 years (preferably more), to include at least 3 years’ experience of caring for an infant. Please set out all relevant qualifications, experience and insurance in your application.
• Languages: Must speak fluent English. A nanny who is also fluent in another language, especially German or French, would be a bonus (but is not necessary).
• Other requirements: clear driving licence, up-to-date enhanced DBS certification, up-to-date infant/child first aid training (including paediatric basic life support) and non-smoker. We consider that this role is not likely to be suitable for a NWOC.
• Pay: we are able to offer up to £16 gph for an experienced/career candidate.
• We seek two references, with one from the most recent employer please.